Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Topic: Software for Carly
Levitator
Software for Carly
on: May 30, 2016, 16:20

Hi. I noticed that Carly is a very bright, articulate person with a lot to say, so I expect that it must be very frustrating to have difficulty typing. Carly, I was wondering; if you could add any missing feature to an input assistance program, what would it be? I ask because I used to write software for a living. Have you looked into Stephen Hawking's predictive text software? His software package is available for download and customization, and I grabbed a copy to see what it's about, and it uses a predictive text program called "Presage". It appears to be quite good, and I would expect that Hawking would have the best software.

From my limited understanding of your situation, I expect that anything which reduces the number of steps necessary to communicate in the full range of your vocabulary, would be helpful.

Levitator

Levitator
Re: Software for Carly
on: May 30, 2016, 16:44

I should add that this is the link to Hawking's software: https://github.com/01org/acat/releases

It is designed for someone with severe mobility problems, but you can still readily get an idea of whether the predictive text is an improvement over your current options. If you like it, then it can likely be reworked or tailored to add relevant features and remove superfluous ones.

Levitator

john150
Re: Software for Carly
on: March 2, 2017, 05:28

it's so useful software for carly.

great work keep it up.

Pages: [1]
WP Forum Server by VastHTML | LucidCrew
Version: 1.6.5; Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.